Subject: perfSONAR Announcements
- From: Andrew Lake <>
- To: perfsonar-announce <>, perfsonar-user <>
- Subject: RedHat CVE and New CentOS Kernel
- Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 15:31:12 -0400
Last night marked the release of a new Red Hat CVE:
If you are a NetInstall user, a 'yum update' may give you a new non-web100
kernel and therefore break access to NDT/NPAD. Consult our FAQ for more info:
Our read of the CVE does not find any issue of concern specific to the
toolkit. Its possible the host may be vulnerable to some types of DoS attacks
in some particular cases. If you are in doubt about your kernel, feel free to
review the CVE, upgrade to the latest version, and forgo NDT/NPAD support
for the time being. We are in the process of building and testing a new
kernel, and will alert you when we have our web100 patched version available.
We'll try to have it ready as soon as possible.
Thank you for your patience,
The perfSONAR Team
- RedHat CVE and New CentOS Kernel, Andrew Lake, 09/10/2014
- New Web100 Kernel available, Andrew Lake, 09/12/2014
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.