perfsonar-announce - Re: [perfsonar-user] 3.4rc2 users and yum update

Subject: perfSONAR Announcements

Re: [perfsonar-user] 3.4rc2 users and yum update

  • From: Andrew Lake <>
  • To: Victor Olifer <>
  • Cc: perfsonar-user <>, perfsonar-announce <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] 3.4rc2 users and yum update
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2014 09:24:09 -0400

Hi,

Our current goal is within the month (aiming tentatively for the first week
in October). We will be doing one more release candidate later this week. The
how is that will be the last candidate before the final release. I can't 100%
guarantee that won't slip if some major bugs surprise us over the next couple
weeks, but those are our current plans.

Thanks,
Andy

On Sep 8, 2014, at 8:42 AM, Victor Olifer

> Hi Andrew,
>
> We are going to install perfSONAR Toolkit on Janet (www.ja.net), the UK
> NREN. We have tried v.3.3.2 (positively) but now are not sure whether we
> should deploy it or better wait for 3.4. Could you please advise us about a
> possible date of 3.4 production release (a month of waiting seems to be OK
> for us, anything longer would be problematic).
>
> Thanks,
> Victor
>
> From: Andrew Lake
> <<mailto:>>
> Date: Wednesday, 27 August 2014 14:54
> To: perfsonar-user
> <<mailto:>>,
> perfsonar-announce
> <<mailto:>>
> "<mailto:>"
>
> <<mailto:>>
> Subject: [perfsonar-user] 3.4rc2 users and yum update
>
> Hi,
>
> Just a notice to beta testers of 3.4rc2, if you run 'yum update' you will
> likely break you measurement archive due to a RPM conflict caused by a new
> package that CentOS added to their software collections (SCL) yum
> repository a couple days ago. Note that this only affects the current
> release candidate and does NOT affect any of the current production
> versions of of the perfSONAR Toolkit. Users running versions 3.3.2 and
> older can ignore this email.
>
> For 3.4rc2 users, it is recommended before any future updates you run the
> following command:
>
> yum remove centos-release-SCL
>
> If you have run yum update in the last 48 hours and your MA is already
> broken send me an email and I can help you restore it. I will send a
> reminder about this when we release rc3. Sorry for any inconvenience this
> may cause, and thanks as always to our testers for being early adopters and
> helping us sort through these kinds of issues!
>
> Thanks,
> Andy
>

> Janet(UK) is a trading name of Jisc Collections and Janet Limited, a
> not-for-profit company which is registered in England under No. 2881024
> and whose Registered Office is at Lumen House, Library Avenue,
> Harwell Oxford, Didcot, Oxfordshire. OX11 0SG. VAT No. 614944238

  • Re: [perfsonar-user] 3.4rc2 users and yum update, Andrew Lake, 09/08/2014