performingarts - RE: ConferenceXP in HD

Subject: Performing Arts Advisory

RE: ConferenceXP in HD

  • From: "Feghali, Jose" <>
  • To: Research Channel Working Group <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: ConferenceXP in HD
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 00:54:42 -0600
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Comment: x-teamfeed-username-start()x-teamfeed-username-end

I have now uploaded some results and comments on experiments with HD webcams and ConferenceXP to the CXP wiki. Here is the link:

http://cct.cs.washington.edu/project-wiki/index.php/HD_video_integration#Experiments_with_HD_Webcams

It appears that some configurations of “professional” HD cards might also work in HD, using intermediary compression and high-power CPUs. I am experimenting with VC-1 and MJPEG compression using Blackmagic HD-SDI gear and will report back on the wiki with the results. So far, latency hasn’t been as bad as with HDV, but not quite as good as I was hoping for.

Happy New Year, everyone!

José Feghali