Subject: Performing Arts Advisory
- From: "Feghali, Jose" <>
- To: <>, <>
- Subject: Performing Arts over web/Internet2
- Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 14:35:03 -0500
Wondering what is the latest info on broadcasting over the web/Internet2, as far as performing and composition rights are concerned. It seems that this is still a “grey area” but I know that several institutions regularly broadcast/webcast and have probably explored this subject.
More specifically, I was wondering if:
· Rules for two-way only conferencing are different than for webcasting/multicasting
· Does one need different/additional contracts or riders if contemporary music is involved
· Does the number of potential (or actual) listeners/streams makes a difference
In general, any experience in this topic would be much appreciated. I have sent several emails to Ann Doyle at Internet2 for the last few months but as yet have not been able to get a reply. If there is info on a website about this issue, would appreciate a link.
Artist-in-Residence/Professor of Piano
Technology Coordinator for the School of Music
Texas Christian University
- Performing Arts over web/Internet2, Feghali, Jose, 09/16/2008
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.