performingarts - Performing Arts Advisory Group

Subject: Performing Arts Advisory

Performing Arts Advisory Group

  • From: Ann Doyle <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Performing Arts Advisory Group
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 13:58:30 -0400

Hello all  --  I am looking forward to seeing many of you in Philadelphia next week for the Internet2 Fall Member Meeting.   We have an opportunity to meet in person Tuesday evening September 20 from 7:00 - 8:30 p.m. EDT in Salon 2 of the Wyndham Philadelphia Hotel at Franklin Plaza.   For those unable to attend the meeting in person, there will be an opportunity to dial in to a conference phone bridge.

To join the call, do one of the following:
  a. Dial +1-734-615-7474 (NON-US/CA USERS MUST USE THIS NUMBER - SYSTEM WILL NOT CALL OUT), +1-866-411-0013 (toll free US/Canada Only) or +1-800-392-6130 (alternate toll free US/Canada Only) and enter access code 0175545, or
  b. To have the system call you, click here: https://edial.internet2.edu/call/0175545

Our University of Pennsylvania hosts, Greg Palmer and Jennifer MacDougall, have a strong focus on advanced networking in the performing arts, in humanities, in teaching and learning and have set the tone for this meeting to have many activities of interest to us.  While not an inclusive list (and good luck choosing among the wealth of sessions offered at this meeting!), the following meetings and events may be of particular interest to you.

Humanities Advisory Group
September 20, 2005, 7:30 AM - 8:45 AM
EDT (UTC-4, Daylight Savings)
Location: Salon 2

OSTN IP Television BoF
September 20, 2005, 7:30 AM - 8:45 AM
EDT (UTC-4, Daylight Savings)
Location: Logans II
(see also, September 20, 2005, 1:15 PM - 2:30 PM)

Teaching and Learning SIG
September 20, 2005, 11:45 AM - 1:15 PM
EDT (UTC-4, Daylight Savings)
Location: Salon 3/4

Live Music Instruction with New World Symphony and Northwestern University using New High Definition Video Communications from LifeSize
September 20, 2005, 1:15 PM - 2:30 PM
EDT (UTC-4, Daylight Savings)
Location: Wyndham A/B

Descent to the Underworld: A Networked Game-Film Collaboration
September 21, 2005, 8:45 AM - 10:00 AM
EDT (UTC-4, Daylight Savings)
Location: Conference Center Ballroom I

Archaeology Special Interest Group
September 21, 2005, 11:45 AM - 1:15 PM
EDT (UTC-4, Daylight Savings)
Location: Franklin

Gala Reception - Bridging the Ancient and Modern: New Ways of Thinking about Archaeology and Anthropology Using Internet2
September 21, 2005, 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM
EDT (UTC-4, Daylight Savings)
Location: University of Pennsylvania Musem of Archaeology and Anthropology

Teaching and Learning Case Studies: Innovations in Networked Instruction
September 22, 2005, 8:45 AM - 10:00 AM
EDT (UTC-4, Daylight Savings)
Location: Salon 5/6

DVTS Workshop (Separate Registration Required)
September 22, 2005, 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
EDT (UTC-4, Daylight Savings)
Location: Philadelphia North

Safe travels to Philadelphia; see you next week!    All best.    -- Ann

Ann Doyle
Arts & Humanities Initiatives
Internet2
(734) 352-7011

  • Performing Arts Advisory Group, Ann Doyle, 09/13/2005