owamp-announce - Announcing OWAMP 2.0a

owamp-announce@internet2.edu

Subject: OWAMP Announcements

Announcing OWAMP 2.0a

  • From: "Jeff W. Boote" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Announcing OWAMP 2.0a
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 13:32:58 -0700

Ok, I know it has only been a couple of days. But, I noticed a bug in the statistics output and felt it was important enough to make another release.

http://e2epi.internet2.edu/owamp/download/owamp-2.0a.tar.gz

This version is compatible with owamp-2.0.

Improvements from owamp-2.0 include:

* Added a new command-line utility 'owup'. There is no documentation for this one yet, but it takes all the same connection/authentication command-line args that owping takes. It simply reports the time the server you point it at started. This is useful for monitoring scripts to see when/if the daemon has restarted. (For example, if you have very long-lived owamp sessions you can poll with this to determine that you should restart your session.)
* Fixed bug in statistics output (maxerr was reporting the maxdelay)
* Fixed bug in owampd server greeting message. If daemonizing, the server start time was not being reported correctly.

jeff

  • Announcing OWAMP 2.0a, Jeff W. Boote, 03/23/2006