oess-users - [oess-users] FW: OESS/FSFW

Subject: oess-users

[oess-users] FW: OESS/FSFW

  • From: "" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [oess-users] FW: OESS/FSFW
  • Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2015 17:28:39 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

In trying to run FSFW and OESS on the same virtual machine
connecting to mininet running on a separate VM, we have the
following issues that someone in the group may have solved.
1. the OESS Web GUI does not recognize the switch IPs I assign
using the
mn> s1 ifconfig s1-eth1 [IP]
instead it recognizes the mininet VM IP.
This is wierd.
All mininet switches, the OESS/FSFW VM sees per
the Web GUI is the mininet VM IP. I want it to
see the mininet switch IPs instead.

2. FSFW seems to me to be FlowVisor on steroids.
Do I need to have a different port for FSFW as it
is typically the same as OESS?

3. Does FSFW need two interfaces.
a. one to communicate with OESS
b. one to the rest of the switches?
It is not like this for the default
FSFW configuration.
Any suggestions?
4. If you accidentally decommission a mininet
device in OESS,
Can you get it back? I can't.

Many thanks for your patience as I am an OESS/FSFW
dummy. As FSFW is a proxy for OESS, how is that
working?

As it is, I am very nervous about putting OESS/FSFW
in my production network if I cannot get it working
in a toy mininet network.
:(

--
Bill Chimiak
Laboratory for Telecommunications Sciences

  • [oess-users] FW: OESS/FSFW, , 08/07/2015