ntac-networkautomation - Thank you

Subject: NTAC Network Automation Working Group

Thank you

  • From: "Seesink, Frank" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Thank you
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2023 21:49:16 +0000
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=unc.edu; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=unc.edu; dkim=pass header.d=unc.edu; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=2sJZB1BfGZwGps1sV3OfaVe7Iy/i6QeW0kMxG03OMBw=; b=KrDx4vNpvqyms6noWJnOfpCxt8muN/gFOR+ZJGcqacUwgxAe2FZF2ks3KZ1u0QWNVA6sl/IyhKmZMz+/wdea5WmBsdz9GDgZJPNpCittp0wAoF5z0RP8hzrkAH1bPL5zXtlxvqjlXiimr1GThH5osh2DtW0HosS2KeneR5Ru9/cCJCzDEUpq4fRGh2skUFvfYcNk2zTPWDktnCKquj6Ey9W6M0E5RrFBI92PLyWR1UCGzObt1hcNo4FUEnVXcNutzUFfpsRfd67gD26545V0M0zbElpBxVRNqq93J2q51czVI3zJUWYQXpe6QC1XgIHkE2n4A7NF62o+AKnXfBbeOA==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=IFHn4ckwjhhuoFcAFlBH//Md5xXfBUzvtchk3s6s73jxEKbbIJZ5HrNTn1gH+1IrMa/Lfk5VD0/PHDOkvI7LmQcP2eQ6Nr/mFiTDgetEhiafgWvrMnRnqJvgtMS7cNYNtQJHI2hZtRrwHVUYkq3sulk8pPJIiJAvgn8uT216gnlwr9pIZoAbATpYvWtrUt+F3SqPLrevNvvli0wjsfK9h8f+hU5EFZpipbD893SAB8iq1hnOe5PFiJ0R4nBjZ/Fmha4pc8fJ6dkGcd1ErCZ6eALHHNNVK9zOAFOkp6dhKictAFP+NADEOGnNlqz4AWajeCyWx8BFmu8QfGBhWk47eg==

As I wrote over in the I2 Slack NTAC Network Automation channel:

Thanks to everyone who took time out of their day to attend today’s first (ever) monthly call!  Without you, this really wouldn’t work.  I hope each of you found it worth it and will continue attending.

Considering the timeframe, quite a few topics were hit today!  But as was quite clear, we have barely scratched the surface.  Between now and our next call on 2 March (just remember the 1st Thursday of each month @ 3:PM Eastern), you have a whole month to think. 😉  If you have any topics/areas you would like to discuss, to see discussed/debated, that you would like to present on, etc., please do not hesitate to post here, to send to Shannon or myself directly, or to type up (even anonymously) on the EtherPad page.  You can also just chat here in the Slack channel to throw it out to the community.  You might be surprised by the response.

Our goal, as much as possible, is to “grease the wheels” / “lower the friction level” to encourage communication and collaboration.  This is why we provide various modalities for doing so, from this Slack channel (chat) and the mailing list (email) to the monthly Zoom calls (audio/video).  As mentioned on the Zoom call, if you would like to suggest a topic and remain anonymous, that’s fine, too.  You can post to the EtherPad.

Regarding the monthly Zoom calls, each month we will have one hour to discuss anything of interest to this community.  Maybe it will be several topics like today.  Or maybe there will be one topic that gets discussed in depth.  We might also choose to have presentations done.  And if we do not get to it one month, there will always be another.

And speaking of communication, we would really love to hear your thoughts on the setup.   What you like.  What you don’t like.  Thoughts on how to improve things.  Again, today was just our first meeting.  And nothing is written in stone.

Again, whether you spoke, put notes/links on the EtherPad (*), or simply sat and listened, thanks to all who attended today.
____
(*) For anyone who heard something today but couldn’t remember the details, check out that page. Folks posted links to the various things they discussed or heard, etc., and you may well find it sitting right there! (Thanks to those who contributed there.  Much appreciated.)

Frank Seesink
Senior Network Engineer
ITS Networking
UNC-Chapel Hill | ITS Franklin, Office 1006
+1 919.445.0844

  • Thank you, Seesink, Frank, 02/02/2023