ngi2021-12 - [ngi2021-12] REMINDER: Join Us Tomorrow for the Infrastructure & Advanced Networking event!

Subject: TechEXtra 2021: Next Generation Infrastructure & Advanced Networking Event

[ngi2021-12] REMINDER: Join Us Tomorrow for the Infrastructure & Advanced Networking event!

  • From: Susan Evett <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [ngi2021-12] REMINDER: Join Us Tomorrow for the Infrastructure & Advanced Networking event!
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 17:31:16 +0000
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=internet2.edu; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=internet2.edu; dkim=pass header.d=internet2.edu; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=wmKGFVv+WMYdqtymjpp4PGrN/NkD6ErohgmyvXeMER8=; b=fdc/AoQVMu9QDwZOnrvI1TSlwY6q/2CIWoVttive/RRgndJJBz1rX/t5zXgMyZpEhGi2NAwbh/r5t75/yEQhDiViSsuYVJyaX1WiZbGpQl0C3ozH0+4tx93+A7AM3ublP23GZbCSJDiK+KjAKRYUtn3DDrQn761dM2B96ma6Z+SKPxKZEiwxOtDX3y2suAozIsBOQIAWV4o/LN9fPdsopDP3RhYPKbBgHAEHa1GgGHDRcgl9QcnLR9n+FK+c6+nOd4b8I8wBH/k9HpSQ3ce1ZbeQnf1WsDFziM7OTbmxngRaI9tvniw5NAYsaFwpb96Y16+MIzx43/GRgwPoc/5pDQ==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=TBz11S/o6fDKS/P6eIU6guS2QimSSoIxlggbNf6kRKX63zS+YuV/rxImt4ZQnaLJ8SS8D/oIRn9mBacDjbQRMiIz6NznPAqLcc/QDRedkaOuDjNwta3wEtMiyzuyp6R6+oPg2BTiW1ed3vA+k6cAzbiFwKqt8gNtMR0+IlDEhTGgM/w2OgFAELUSXXd97hVym+5P4hijg1D4TlhLReXM+I/7zwr0CfjmnMSzU4srSQBWnEBwG1ZA9/pAbf3qgif+YUwXh483HzPH+atEsHBm/inxN5MUAQY1lSwVutFVZq10czJ47c2CyiA723ZhB4T0nN8QzYO9DXLlBIxvzyfD+Q==

Greetings!

We’re kicking off the Infrastructure & Advanced Networking event tomorrow! Here are some details + information to help us start strong on Wednesday.

Canvas Access:

First, up, logistics! Please ensure you can access the TechEXtra21: Infrastructure & Advanced Networking program and supporting material in Canvas via this link. If you are unable to access the course, then it’s likely you still need to authenticate (and this process takes time, so please don’t delay). Please reach out to  if you have any questions or would like us to resend your authentication.

Before the start of each day, please review the program and resources that are posted in Canvas. This is an interactive conference, so come armed with questions and topics for discussion to make the most out of our time together.

Dates and Times

Event runs December 1 -3, 2021. Each day starts 11:00 am – 12 noon EDT with social time (Meet-Me Room) and ends with more open-mic, Q&A time, wrapping up by 5:00 pm EDT.

We will start the scheduled program promptly at 12:00 EDT, so be sure to join us in the Meet-Me Room. Members of Internet2’s Network Services team and some prior-day speakers will be around to spark conversation on upcoming topics and continue discussions from the previous day. Even if you cannot join the Meet-Me room discussions, we suggest arriving a few minutes early each day and accessing zoom so that you are ready to roll.

Wednesday’s Program

Internet2’s Rob Vietzke will set the tone of the conference with a review of the NGI implementation and a look forward before we dive into our first day’s talks.

Canvas contains information about each session, and Zoom is integrated with the interface - just click on the Zoom link at the top of the page (big icon to the left, below the colored banner) to join the meeting. You are welcome to hop back and forth between formal talks and taking time out to engage in ‘hallway conversations’ and general social time via the Meet-Me Room app. All presentations will be recorded, and slides posted, so no need to worry about missing any content!  After each program break, be sure to head back to Canvas to access the talks again.

Zoom

Feel free to use the Zoom Chat feature during presentation sessions for questions, input, and feedback! We encourage you to turn on your cameras when you can -- this is very helpful as we all get to know one another. Even better, it would be fun to see backgrounds that represent your institution. We also suggest that you update your Zoom name to include your name + institution to help us all become acquainted with each other. You will come into the room muted but are able to unmute when we get to Q&A for each speaker.

Slack

Slack is the place to be for conversation during and after the event. Post questions + comments, chat with your peers, and help provide guidance for others.

If you’re not already in our 'techextra21-advanced-networking' Slack channel, please respond to this email so that we can get you in the mix.

Meet-Me Room

Each day will start and end with social time in the Meet-Me Room app -- this is your time to connect with the community outside of session times. This is a community-developed, open-source, ‘remo-adjacent’ tool that allows you to see who is in each of the Meet-Me rooms before joining one of them. You can move between rooms and pop in/out at will. Come say hello and hang out!

Quick instructions for participating in the Meet-Me Room socials:

  • Click on the Meet-Me icon (at bottom of page or in the daily schedule)
  • Scroll down the page to see (6) [Internet2 Network Meet-Me Room Locations] – the list of people in that room should be visible.
  • Click on the name of a Meet-Me Room to join a Zoom room
  • Jump around to different rooms by clicking on the [Meet-Me Room Location] names - Zoom will redirect you.
  • Jump back to Canvas using the button at the top of the main page.

Our Sponsors

A huge thank you to sponsors Cisco, Ciena, and West Arete. You will have an opportunity to meet them during the next few days and learn a little about how they support this community.

Questions?

If you have questions related to TechExtra: Infrastructure & Advanced Networking, ping Taylor Kopocis (@tkopocis), Susan Evett (@Susan) and Carlee Van Wagner (@cvanwagner) in Slack, or reply to this email.

We can’t wait to see you all tomorrow!

Susan

Susan Evett

Internet2

www.internet2.edu

PNG image

  • [ngi2021-12] REMINDER: Join Us Tomorrow for the Infrastructure & Advanced Networking event!, Susan Evett, 11/30/2021