netsec-sig - Re: [Security-WG] October update

Subject: Internet2 Network Security SIG

Re: [Security-WG] October update

  • From: James Deaton <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Security-WG] October update
  • Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2019 08:37:06 -0500

Based on Adair's FYI link, some of you might be interested in knowing that projects like these are very active (see the live demo link): https://github.com/eth0izzle/shhgit/ (seen via Reddit)

On Oct 1, 2019, 7:42 AM -0500, Adair Thaxton <>, wrote:
Hello again, everyone!

If you missed our meeting yesterday, the recording is at: https://internet2.box.com/s/37ft7suhcksnet2qz16i16rz0lc9o6n7

We had a great discussion about potential interest in a clean pipes service, as well as flowspec capabilities.

Your FYI link this month is: https://duo.com/labs/research/how-to-monitor-github-for-secrets. When was the last time you checked your organization's Github?

I owe you updates on a potential API for Flowspec, and on our search for BGPMon replacements. It was suggested that we start a community discussion on the latter - what are you all looking for? How do you want to be notified? Do you want to run the service yourself, or subscribe to an internet-based service? Of course, everyone will have different wants and requirements, so context is helpful here.

Adair