netsec-sig - [Security-WG] October update

Subject: Internet2 Network Security SIG

[Security-WG] October update

  • From: Adair Thaxton <>
  • To: "''" <>
  • Subject: [Security-WG] October update
  • Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2019 12:42:04 +0000

Hello again, everyone!

If you missed our meeting yesterday, the recording is at:
https://internet2.box.com/s/37ft7suhcksnet2qz16i16rz0lc9o6n7

We had a great discussion about potential interest in a clean pipes service,
as well as flowspec capabilities.

Your FYI link this month is:
https://duo.com/labs/research/how-to-monitor-github-for-secrets. When was
the last time you checked your organization's Github?

I owe you updates on a potential API for Flowspec, and on our search for
BGPMon replacements. It was suggested that we start a community discussion
on the latter - what are you all looking for? How do you want to be
notified? Do you want to run the service yourself, or subscribe to an
internet-based service? Of course, everyone will have different wants and
requirements, so context is helpful here.

Adair