netsec-sig - [Security-WG] Blocking RFC1918 from connectors: It's happening!

Subject: Internet2 Network Security SIG

[Security-WG] Blocking RFC1918 from connectors: It's happening!

  • From: Adair Thaxton <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [Security-WG] Blocking RFC1918 from connectors: It's happening!
  • Date: Fri, 10 May 2019 18:15:01 +0000

Internet2 will be implementing the new INTERFACE-CONNECTOR filter to
block RFC1918 packets being sent via connectors.

The first two nodes will be rtsw.jack and rtsw.eqch, we will be applying
the filter at 04:00 UTC the morning of 5/16 on the two nodes. We will
let these two nodes burn in the new configuration while we monitor the
results.

We will deploy the filter to the remaining nodes 11:00 UTC the morning
of 5/21 and monitor.

Please let me know if you need any additional details.

Adair