netsec-sig - Re: [Security-WG] FW: Someone Is Learning How to Take Down the Internet

Subject: Internet2 Network Security SIG

Re: [Security-WG] FW: Someone Is Learning How to Take Down the Internet

  • From: Von Welch <>
  • To:
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [Security-WG] FW: Someone Is Learning How to Take Down the Internet
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 17:26:11 -0400
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23:OWu3CRMfQvehBPsYb2gl6mtUPXoX/o7sNwtQ0KIMzox0K/r7rarrMEGX3/hxlliBBdydsK0UzbeN+Pm9EUU7or+/81k6OKRWUBEEjchE1ycBO+WiTXPBEfjxciYhF95DXlI2t1uyMExSBdqsLwaK+i76vnYuHUDkOAFoPOXpC8vNgOy20fy/4Zvef18OiTagMp1oKxDjkwLX/vYbhYBiYvIvzR3hvHxOZOlSzmMuLlWWyUWvrvys9YJupnwD88kq8NRNBP33

Paul,

> I wish that the threat indicators were included in this story, but
> understand why they are not public.

Jumping on a philosophical soapbox for a second, I don't understand why and
would enjoy understanding your perspective. I worry that these secrecy
practices are holding us back in cybersecurity.

Best,

Von