netsec-sig - [Security-WG] Would like your help in gathering facts about DDoS attacks in the R&E community

Subject: Internet2 Network Security SIG

[Security-WG] Would like your help in gathering facts about DDoS attacks in the R&E community

  • From: Karl Newell <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [Security-WG] Would like your help in gathering facts about DDoS attacks in the R&E community
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 21:43:48 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:0

Recently there has been considerable conversation regarding DDoS attacks
targeting our community.  In order to get some data which we can use for
planning, I would like to ask for your help by answering 3 questions about
any DDoS attack that you’ve experienced within your network.

Below is a form that collects basic information about a DDoS attack
(duration, impact, size) occurring within your network.  Please submit
one entry per attack, and there are no limits on the number of entries.
I’d like to gather information through February 29, 2016.

The information collected will be shared with the R&E community in summary
form only, and no information about respondents is collected.

The form is at:

Thank you for your time,
Karl

--
Karl Newell
Cyberinfrastructure Security Engineer

  • [Security-WG] Would like your help in gathering facts about DDoS attacks in the R&E community, Karl Newell, 12/17/2015