netplus-info - [netplus-info] Internet2 NET+ Box.com service invitation to apply

Subject: NET+ Information newsletter

[netplus-info] Internet2 NET+ Box.com service invitation to apply

  • From: Netplus-Box <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [netplus-info] Internet2 NET+ Box.com service invitation to apply
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 11:54:25 -0400

Dear Internet2 NET+ Box Inquirer:

Thank you for your continued interest in the new Internet2 NET+ Box.com cloud service. I hope you have seen the many ways the Box service with Internet2 extensions can be valuable to your campus. We are now ready to invite you to apply for the service.

We are requesting that all interested universities participate in a trial of the Internet2 NET+ Box service. To do so, please email . You will be contacted by Kristen Koziol () or Salman Khan () to get started. Your trial period will run for 45 days during which you should fill out the attached application form, sign the contract with Internet2, and pay your first year’s fees (two or three year options are also available, with an additional discount). If for some reason you decide not to contract for the Internet2 Box service, your trial will end after 45 days.  All this and more is explained in the on-line FAQ at http://www.internet2.edu/netplus/docs/Internet2-Box-FAQ.pdf.

As you look at the attached contract, you will also see the many favorable terms and conditions that Internet2 and our committee of university counsels pre-negotiated on your behalf. This Internet2 Net+ Services offering is the Box enterprise product version that has been customized to support InCommon-based authentication. It is offered for your entire campus with compelling pricing not otherwise commercially available.

If you are only interested in using Box for a small group or department and not for your entire campus, you will need to contact Box directly to sign up for their regular enterprise service, which is not FERPA compliant, at commercial rates (significantly higher). Unfortunately, the Internet2 NET+ Services offering is not available for these types of smaller deployments.

Please note that given the very extensive contract negotiations over the past six months, we will not be able to make any changes in the attached contract except to add state-mandated requirements that may affect public institutions in certain states (there is a specific appendix for this). The university counsels from our early adopter schools, as well as Internet2’s counsel, will be available to talk with your counsel, if needed, to explain how we arrived at this custom agreement specifically created for higher education institutions.

If you have any questions about Internet2 NET+ Box services, please email us at .  We at Internet2 are excited to provide this and many more Internet2 NET+ services designed and supported by our members and other higher education institutions – look for our announcements at the upcoming Internet2 Spring Member Meeting.

Jerry Grochow

Jerrold M. Grochow

Vice President for Internet2 NET+ Services (Interim)

  • [netplus-info] Internet2 NET+ Box.com service invitation to apply, Netplus-Box, 03/30/2012