ndt-users - Re: Updated ndt-web10g to make use of logging in the new Web10G 2.0.6.2 userland

Subject: ndt-users list created

Re: Updated ndt-web10g to make use of logging in the new Web10G 2.0.6.2 userland

  • From: Ralf Hildebrandt <>
  • To: Richard Sanger <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: Updated ndt-web10g to make use of logging in the new Web10G 2.0.6.2 userland
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 14:15:57 +0200

* Richard Sanger
<>:
> The client has had only very minor changes and is compatible with both
> Web100 and Web10G versions of the server.
> This should probably be renamed to just ndt_client to avoid confusion.

That's a good idea.

> I've been more concerned with getting this working well then renaming
> everything (alot of the web10gsrv prints will still say web100).

Yeah, the docs and everything are referencing web100 all over the place.

> Don't be put off by the messages saying Web100 if the server is running on
> a Web10G kernels it's reading Web10G variables.

OK.

> Not sure why you're having issues in chrome - I have tested in Chrome
> without any issues.

Yes, it's a bit odd. It's chrom running the icedtea-7-plugin - so it's
not the "original" Java

> I'd try updating Java, clearing Java's app cache to see if anything
> like that fixes it. Also see if this is the only Java applet with
> problems in Chrome (its possible Chrome and Firefox are running
> different Java versions).

I'll try that.

--
Ralf Hildebrandt Charite Universitätsmedizin Berlin

Campus Benjamin Franklin
http://www.charite.de Hindenburgdamm 30, 12203 Berlin
Geschäftsbereich IT, Abt. Netzwerk fon: +49-30-450.570.155