ndt-users - Re: Using NDT with 10 gigabit interfaces

Subject: ndt-users list created

Re: Using NDT with 10 gigabit interfaces

  • From: Aaron Brown <>
  • To: Brian Tierney <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: Using NDT with 10 gigabit interfaces
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 11:55:18 -0400

Is this using the web100clt command, or the java applet?

Cheers,
Aaron

On May 28, 2011, at 7:02 PM, Brian Tierney wrote:

I'm seeing the same thing  (much higher results reported by iperf compared to NDT)

Is this expected?

On May 2, 2011, at 8:26 AM, <> <> wrote:

Dear members:
I have tried several approaches to use NDT on a server with a 10 gigabit
interface.  I wonder if there are any limitations on the server to client
tests.  I have not been able to get more than around 2.6 gigs
server-to-client.  The client-to-server test can go over 9 gigs even without
extensive tuning.  On the same server, I can get over 9 gigs in each direction
to a neighbor server using iperf tests.

Are there any tips on running NDT on a 10gig capable server?

Thanks,
Nat Stoddard

Summer 2011 ESCC/Internet2 Joint Techs
Hosted by the University of Alaska-Fairbanks
http://events.internet2.edu/2011/jt-uaf