ndt-users - Re: Using NDT with 10 gigabit interfaces

Subject: ndt-users list created

Re: Using NDT with 10 gigabit interfaces

  • From: Matt Mathis <>
  • To: Brian Tierney <>
  • Cc: NDT users <>
  • Subject: Re: Using NDT with 10 gigabit interfaces
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 11:10:17 -0400

I am just guessing here but NDT is actually quite busy: it reads
Web100 vars every millisecond, and runs 2 different packet capture
tools. Although one would hope that all of these activities run in
different cores it would not surprise me to discover that the maximum
data rate is somewhat depressed.

Web100 and related tools can't do any meaningful performance debugging
when the bottleneck is very fine grained resource contention within
the sender itself, especially CPU, bus bandwidth and lock contention.

Thanks,
--MM--
The best way to predict the future is to create it.  - Alan Kay

On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 7:02 PM, Brian Tierney