ndt-users - Re: fakewww binding address

Subject: ndt-users list created

Re: fakewww binding address

  • From: Jason Zurawski <>
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: fakewww binding address
  • Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 07:17:25 -0400

Hi Colby;

I will add your patch to the NDT repository. If the developers are satisfied with how it functions, it may be integrated into a future release.

Thanks;

-jason

On 5/5/10 2:46 AM,

wrote:

Hello,

This afternoon I decided to setup a web100 based kernel and install
the ndt tools to help us work with users accessing our network from
afar. I'd wanted to set up fakewww to bind to an IP alias, but it
did not seem to have that ability in ndt-3.6.2b, so I added it. I'm
not sure where/who I can submit patches to, or if anyone would desire
this ability. It appears that perhaps this feature was going to be
added eventually, as there is the 'srcname' check (which is ignored)
in the code already.

Changes that are not related to getting in a separate IP address to
bind to are to make it fail in a clean way, i.e. if you specify an
address that is not bound to any ethernet interface on the host.

Feel free to ignore, or criticize:

http://shrewdraven.com/content/patching-ndt-allow-binding-ip-alaises

- Colby