ndt-users - Re: Strange results using NDT over VPN

Subject: ndt-users list created

Re: Strange results using NDT over VPN

  • From: Aris Adamantiadis <>
  • To: Richard Carlson <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: Strange results using NDT over VPN
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 15:40:33 +0200

Hi Richard,

The two response I got about compression in the VPN stream seem really
sound and reasonable.
I agree with you that generating pseudorandom data efficiently is not
easy, I had this problem when benchmarking SSH streams, the pseudorandom
data generation took more CPU than the actual encryption of the stream.
If I get any idea, I'll let you know.

Aris