ndt-users - Re: System fault on Server <-- Client link detection

Subject: ndt-users list created

Re: System fault on Server <-- Client link detection

  • From: Jiann-Ming Su <>
  • To: Rich Carlson <>
  • Subject: Re: System fault on Server <-- Client link detection
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 14:01:50 -0400

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 10:07 AM, Rich Carlson
> Jiann-Ming;
>
> I think the short answer to your question is yes.  The NDT server sends the
> test results, including the web100 data back to the client after the test
> completes.
>
> One thing you can do is to look at the Java console log on your failing
> clients.  That might give you some insight.

Here's what I'm getting in Java 1.6 console in Windows 7:

Calling InetAddress.getLocalHost() twice
Exception in thread "Thread-10" java.security.AccessControlException:
access denied (java.net.SocketPermission bulma.emory.net resolve)
at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkConnect(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2SecurityManager.checkConnect(Unknown
Source)
at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName0(Unknown Source)
at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName(Unknown Source)
at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName(Unknown Source)
at java.net.InetAddress.getByName(Unknown Source)
at Tcpbw100.middleboxResults(Tcpbw100.java:1946)
at Tcpbw100.dottcp(Tcpbw100.java:1310)
at Tcpbw100$TestWorker.run(Tcpbw100.java:377)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

> Also if you are running your
> own server, then the server log 'web100srv.log' can give you some details as
> well.

The server logs seem to show the test completed properly

> As I noted below, there are some bugs in the NDT 3.5 & 3.6 code train. The
> 3.4.4a code is very stable, especially if you want to run in single user
> mode with FIFO queuing.

Yeah, I may look at running 3.4.4a.

--
Jiann-Ming Su
"The system's broke, Hank. The election baby has peed in