ndt-users - Re: NDT and VMWare issue

Subject: ndt-users list created

Re: NDT and VMWare issue

  • From: Peter Laws <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: Re: NDT and VMWare issue
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 17:35:09 -0600

wrote:
I am using NDT with Knoppix OS, installed on the HD, on a Dell PowerEdge R200
machine with VMWare ESX 3i installed. The Knoppix OS is installed as a
virtual machine behind VMWare. There is no firewalls in front of the VMWare
machine.

It works great except for one issue. I will access the NDT web interface to do a bandwidth test and I get "Protocol Error" across the board. If I then wait for about 4 minutes and try again, it works fine. It seems like something in the system is going into sleep mode but I can't seem to find what it is.

No issues with bandwidth constriction by the VM? I would think there was a chance that this could unintentionally change the results.

--
Peter Laws / N5UWY

Feedback? Contact my director, Craig Cochell,
.
Thank you!