ndt-users - theoretical limit

Subject: ndt-users list created

theoretical limit

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: theoretical limit
  • Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 10:19:46 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Sirs,

I don't understand what is the theoretical limit. I found this definition in
your materials:

Theoritical Limit - The maximum throughput that a connection could achieve
over the end-to-end path. This value is calculated using web100 values for
Round-Trip-Time, Packet size, and Packet loss. A properly functioning TCP
implementation will never exceed this value. This value does not take the
physical network interface speeds into account. This value is meaningful when
packet loss rates are large, RTT's are big, or packet sizes are small.

In particular i don't understand how it is possible that the speed of my
inbound test results faster ( 2.46 Mbps ) than my theoretical limit ( 1.81
Mbps )

Maybe i have some problem with english!

Thank you so much

Yours faithfully,