ndt-users - Re: information about NDT

Subject: ndt-users list created

Re: information about NDT

  • From: Richard Carlson <>
  • To: Claudio Opizzi <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: information about NDT
  • Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 13:16:18 -0500

Dear Claudio;

The best source of information is the NDT web page http://www.internet2.edu/performance/ndt/ This page has a description of the tool, links to the various man pages, links to the source code, and links to public and REN based servers. You can also review several presentations linked off of the http://www.internet2.edu/performance/npw/ page.

As noted above the source code is open source and you can download a tar file from the performance/ndt web site. You can also find the source repository by searching the sourceforge.org web site.

Finally you may want to look at the NPToolkit ISO image, this image contains a bootable Linux kernel with 4 performance tools installed (OWAMP, BWCTL, NDT, and NPAD).

Feel free subscribe to the ndt-users list and you can ask questions of the NDT users and developers.

Regards;
Rich