ndt-users - Re: ndt question

Subject: ndt-users list created

Re: ndt question

  • From: Jeremy Schafer <>
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: ndt question
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 14:23:13 -0400

In addition to what Peter said, you might want to take a look at the router. In my area (central jersey), Cablevision goes faster than 10Mbps but some consumer-based router only have 10Mbps uplinks. You might want to check the documentation for your router at home to verify.

wrote:
when i use an ndt server i always see this, "The slowest link in the end-to-end
path is a 10 Mbps Ethernet subnet." but i never can figure out where that is.

i go from my pc to my router at 100 Mbs, then to my cable modem into comcast.

a friend running the test from a verizon fios connection got the same message.

any ideas?

thanks

--
Jeremy Schafer