ndt-users - Adapting NDT for parallel TCP flows

Subject: ndt-users list created

Adapting NDT for parallel TCP flows

  • From: "Webb, Ken" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: Adapting NDT for parallel TCP flows
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 11:44:20 +0200

Hi,

I was wondering whether anyone has tried to adapt the NDT client to run
parallel TCP sessions. The server I believe should already handle this,
although I would still like to be able to limit the server to one client
host at a time.

In our test environment I'm seeing the sort of 'random' packet loss
which seems to favour multiple parallel flows (with small window size)
over single flows. As I'm interested in periodically measuring the
effective size of the pipe available I'd like to adapt the client to run
multiple sessions. Has anyone tried or does it run contrary to the
philosophy and design of NDT?

Ken Webb,
UPC Broadband,
Boeing Avenue 53,