ndt-users - Test Length of C2S and S2C tests

Subject: ndt-users list created

Test Length of C2S and S2C tests

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: Test Length of C2S and S2C tests
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 08:01:22 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

First off let me start with thanking you all for the creation of NDT.
Secondly I'd like to tell about the fact that I installed both web100 and NDT
without any problems using the manual found at:
http://www.howtoforge.com/network-diagnostic-tool-ndt-ubuntu-7.10-server
This manual made installing really easy, even while I was installing it onon
OPENSuSE 10.3 using my own build RPM's :)

But now I have been confronted with a question of my network engineers about
the runtime of the bandwidth measuring tests. Now these run for exactly 10
seconds. Modifying the java sourcecode I was able to increase the C2S runtime
to max 12 seconds. I was unable to increase the test length beond the border
of approx 12 seconds. Could you please provide me with suggestions where and
using what variables in which sourcecode file of the server i can modify in a
way that i can change the runtime of the C2S and the S2C tests.

Kind Regards,

Peter Veerman