ndt-users - Re: Am I seeing the right results?

Subject: ndt-users list created

Re: Am I seeing the right results?

  • From: Jeremy Palmer <>
  • To: Jeremy Schafer <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: Am I seeing the right results?
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 12:02:12 -0600

The throughput numbers could be correct. I see similar results when testing
from
hosts on our network at one site to our NDT server at a different site (10/100
local LANs at both sites connected by OC-48 backbone).
If your running the test from a Windows host, try installing a real-time
bandwidth meter app on this machine to verify the throughput.
The two I'm familiar with are DUMeter (not free but time limited demo
available,
I use this on all my Windows machines)
http://www.dumeter.com/
MyDUMeter (open source DUMeter clone)
http://www.codeproject.com/csharp/mydumeter.asp
Also, a coworker pointed out they use NetMeter (I've never used this one
myself)
http://www.metal-machine.de/readerror/

--
Jeremy Palmer