ndt-users - advice invoking ndt applet multiple times

Subject: ndt-users list created

advice invoking ndt applet multiple times

  • From: Carla Hunt <>
  • To:
  • Subject: advice invoking ndt applet multiple times
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 15:24:59 -0400

first, thank you for all of the work on this tool. NDT is a very useful tool!

we are currently looking to add a couple of features and are not sure of the best way to approach. we would like for a user to be able to visit the main page of our NDT server and input the name of their location. we would also like for the NDT applet to be invoked multiple times from one
click of the "start" button. given a very limited applet development skill set, we are investigating either using another applet to invoke the NDT applet in a loop, or modifying the NDT applet to include a swing based timer that would run the NDT tests based on a timer.
the timing element might be executing the NDT tests at a rate of 5x per hour until the browser window is closed.

a few questions we have are:
--is this possible
--which would be better, invoking the NDT applet from another applet or modifying the NDT applet to run on a timer, or
--is there a better way?
--any chance this capability could make its way in as a feature request :)

any advice, suggestions, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

regards,
Carla