ndt-users - Re: Connection was reset -- FC5 on x86-64

Subject: ndt-users list created

Re: Connection was reset -- FC5 on x86-64

  • From: Ray Gilstrap <>
  • To: "Hickman, David R" <>, Richard Carlson <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: Connection was reset -- FC5 on x86-64
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 12:47:37 -0700

Hi,

I meant to ask for hep on my x86-64 problems a couple of weeks ago, but got sidetracked with other fires. So I'll just add essentially a "me too" here. My situation:

I am trying to set up NDT on an x86-64 (Dell Poweredge 2850) box running the 2.6.16.7 kernel. The Web100 tools and tcpdump/libpcap are working fine. Firewall is not blocking any traffic. The NDT tools compiled with no problems. However, I have problems in trying to actually run them.

I can start fakewww and connect to port 7123 with a browser or telnet. But when the HTTP GET command is issued, the child process forks off, sends back a "HTTP/1.0 200 OK" response, and then segfaults. After a while, I tabled this problem and just used Apache. So now the page and the applet load into the browser as expected.

Unfortunately, web100srv does essentially the same thing as fakewww -- forks off a child which immediately segfaults, resulting in the seemingly endless loop of "Signal 11 received from process <child PID>" messages when debug messages are turned on.

Please let me know if you need any additional information to help diagnose the problem. Thanks a lot!

ray

Hickman, David R wrote:
Here is what I get when running the web100srv in debug.

Signal 11 received from process 9072 <-this line repeats many times
Signal 17 received from process 9054
Received SIGCHLD signal for active web100srv process [9054]