ndt-users - RE: Connection was reset -- FC5 on x86-64

Subject: ndt-users list created

RE: Connection was reset -- FC5 on x86-64

  • From: Richard Carlson <>
  • To: "Hickman, David R" <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: Connection was reset -- FC5 on x86-64
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 14:22:12 -0400

Hi David;

OK, while my message isn't exactly informative .-) It did just trigger a thought.

Did the Web100 kernel patches get installed properly? and is that kernel running? If the patched kernel is running there will be a /proc/web100 directory and you will see some kind of message in the startup log

[rcarlson@web100
net]$ dmesg | grep Web100
Web100: initiailizing hash table of size 16384 (order 4)
Web100 2.5.10 200604071159 net100: Initialization successful

If this is the case, I can make the server code check for the existence of this directory and report an error if it doesn't exist

Rich