ndt-users - RE: Regular Server

Subject: ndt-users list created

RE: Regular Server

  • From: Richard Carlson <>
  • To: "Leonard, Mark" <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: Regular Server
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 11:44:43 -0500

Hi Mark;

Well, I started the development on a dual CPU SMP machine with 200 MHZ pentium processors and a 100 Mbps Fast Ethernet NIC. I upgraded to 450 MHZ P2 machines and then upgraded again to something better later.

So the question is what max speed do you want and how far away are the clients? I'd say that just about anything you have lying around should work for your initial testing and then buy a $500 box (or $1000 1U server box) when you want to upgrade.

Regards;
Rich