ndt-users - Spurious results

Subject: ndt-users list created

Spurious results

  • From: "chet" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: Spurious results
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 20:11:39 +0100
  • Disposition-notification-to: "chet" <>

Is there an analyser I can use to read the results displayed by ndt, I'm getting weird results when running tests under different environments, back-to-back tests produce results similar to: -

client to server 84.86Mb/s
server to client 62.86Mb/s

I'm guessing I have got to do the /etc/sysctl.conf edit to resolve the above issues but need to ask first

If I put a HUB in the way then these results drop by around 20Mb/s, these are not the exact results as I'm not in the office now

My set up for back-to back results are both server and PC set to 100 half duplex, server has twin p3 500 with 512 meg of ram, my laptop is a Pentium p4 with 256 MB of ram

If I go across a VLAN the Cat 5509 has it ports set to 100 half duplex and the Cat 2900 is set to 100 half duplex, if I set them all to 100 full duplex I get the following: -

Checking for Middleboxes . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  Done
running 10s outbound test (client to server) . . . . . Server busy: Please wait 30 seconds for previous test to finish

What is the optimum set up for server, is it 100 half duplex
What is new in 3.1.4b as I'm using 4a, if I update to 4b I guess I leave 4a where it is and just start ndt from 4b
Is there a analyser that I can use to manipulate the results

Thanks

Martyn