ndt-users - Re: failed middlebox testing

Subject: ndt-users list created

Re: failed middlebox testing

  • From: Richard Carlson <>
  • To: Clayton Keller <>, Peter Van Epp <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: failed middlebox testing
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 14:31:01 -0400

Hi Clay;

At 11:27 AM 8/31/2005, Clayton Keller wrote:

Peter Van Epp wrote:
<snip>>
When running without "-m", i receive the following output:

Checking for Middleboxes . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Done
running 10s outbound test (client to server) . . . . . Server failed: 'Go' flag not received

When the test is run and this error is returned I see a flood of Signal 11 received from process XXXX.

Signal 11 is a seg fault (i.e. usually a programming error) where
the process is trying to access unallocated memory. If the -g compile flag is on and you got a core from the process then the output of
gdb program core

where

(where program is the ndt client and core is the name of the core file)
would be interesting in that it would tell us where the seg fault is occurring.
Peter Van Epp / Operations and Technical Support Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, B.C. Canada

How do I enable this compile option? I apologize, but I have not had to do this in the past.

By default the -g compile option is turned on. To get a core file run the command "ulimit -c 1000". You will then get a core file when the web100srv process crashes. Use the command gdb -c {corefile} to analyze this dump. The other option is to run the following from the ndt directory.
gdb src/web100srv
run -d

Then start the client and see what happens.

Rich

Once I get the core I can run the gdb against the websrv100 process and can get this information back to the list for analysis.

Richard A. Carlson e-mail:

Network Engineer phone: (734) 352-7043
Internet2 fax: (734) 913-4255
1000 Oakbrook Dr; Suite 300