ndt-users - Re: getting ndt up and running

Subject: ndt-users list created

Re: getting ndt up and running

  • From: Rich Carlson <>
  • To: Laurence Kirchmeier <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: getting ndt up and running
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 17:36:13 -0500

Hi Laurie;

This is probably another firewall problem. The web100srv process uses 3 ports (3001, 3002, & 3003) for communications with the Applet. The applet attempts to connect to the server on port 3001. If this fails the client assumes that the server process isn't running and prints out that message. Once the basic communications is established, ports 3002 & 3003 are used for the throughput tests.

Rich