ndt-users - U. Hawaii NDT server

Subject: ndt-users list created

U. Hawaii NDT server

  • From: Alan Whinery <>
  • To:
  • Subject: U. Hawaii NDT server
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 11:23:16 -1000

OK, there's a working NDT service at 128.171.64.230, which when the DNS catches up will also be known as: farnsworth.uhnet.net, on default port 7123.

Initial testing hasn't been particularly smooth; it seems as though it's easy to crash the Windows XP Sun Java Client 1.4.2_04-b05, which even blue-screened and re-booted Windows XP once, when I had two copies of Java running in two different browsers. Wow, I don't see crashes like that much anymore...

I have also seen the server side get perpetually busy a couple of times, giving the "Your call is important to us, and we are busy serving other customers" message (not literally, I don't remember the precise wording).

Kernel is 2.6.6-web100, NDT is ndt 3.0.20.

Anyone feel free to give it a go; I'd love to hear about results.

Regards,
Alan

--
D. Alan Whinery

Public Key -> http://laphroaig.uhnet.net/~whinery/AWhinery-its.txt

  • U. Hawaii NDT server, Alan Whinery, 08/24/2004