ndt-dev - [ndt-dev] Re: patches for the HTML5-frontend ?

Subject: NDT-DEV email list created

[ndt-dev] Re: patches for the HTML5-frontend ?

  • From: Athanasios Douitsis <>
  • To:
  • Cc: Angela Dimitriou <>
  • Subject: [ndt-dev] Re: patches for the HTML5-frontend ?
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 18:31:18 +0300

On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 6:06 PM, Athanasios Douitsis <> wrote:
I have run across an mlab ndt server that for some reason does not respond normally to the websocket version of the protocol. While this sounds bad, it actually gave me the opportunity to realize that, upon creation of the websocket in ndt-browser-client.js, the onclose and onerror events are not handled, so if the connection is dropped abnormally or any other sort of error occurs, the application using NDTjs doesn't learn it and can hang in there indefinitely.

Blimey, I just realized that the onclose event is fired with an abnormal code even with a server that otherwise works correctly. So a patch would be that easy after all.

--
Athanasios Douitsis