ndt-dev - [ndt-dev] Issue 175 in ndt: document the differences between Flash/Java on various platforms

Subject: NDT-DEV email list created

[ndt-dev] Issue 175 in ndt: document the differences between Flash/Java on various platforms

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: [ndt-dev] Issue 175 in ndt: document the differences between Flash/Java on various platforms
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 14:51:06 +0000

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Severity-Medium Milestone-NDT-3.7.0

New issue 175 by : document the differences between Flash/Java on various platforms
https://code.google.com/p/ndt/issues/detail?id=175

The Flash and Java clients produce markedly different performance results, depending on the specifics of the OS/Flash version/Browser. It would be good to document this somewhere. Even better if we can include the "known good" or "known bad" list in the web UI somewhere. This would be especially useful at speeds in the 100s of Mbps.

e.g. in testing just now, on OS X with FF, I saw a roughly 5-10Mbps performance degradation on a 100M limited test host.