ndt-dev - Re: [ndt-dev] RPM and Flash

Subject: NDT-DEV email list created

Re: [ndt-dev] RPM and Flash

  • From: Aaron Brown <>
  • To: Paweł Gesek <>
  • Cc: "<>" <>
  • Subject: Re: [ndt-dev] RPM and Flash
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2014 13:13:21 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Hey Pawel,

On Nov 7, 2014, at 4:46 AM, Paweł Gesek <> wrote:

Hello everyone,

I have been looking at updating the NDT RPM so that the flash client there works out of the box(Issue162). I've committed changes to the branch Issue162(https://code.google.com/p/ndt/source/detail?r=1144), which make the HTML5-frontend install with NDT and changed the index page in the apache configuration to the new widget.html.

Did fakewww get updated to serve up the new HTML as well? Also, does this serve both the flash and java applet?

As far as running the Flash client out of the box goes, the NDT server has to expose the crossdomain.xml file, which is required for the Flash client to allow opening sockets to the server. Unfortunately the socket policy does not go through HTTP, but a simple proprietary protocol that uses the TCP port 843. I am wondering for the best way to handle this in the NDT rpm. We can possibly add a requirement for a package like https://code.google.com/p/flashpolicyd/ and use that to serve the file. We could also consider bundling some sort of a simple server script(like this https://github.com/xantus/mojo-websocket-examples/blob/master/script/flash-policy-server) that would serve the policy file. Do you preferences on how to resolve this?

I’ve no issue reusing the flashpolicyd daemon as long as it does the right thing by default. We can include it in the NDT repository as well since it’s apache licensed.

Cheers,
Aaron