ndt-dev - Re: [ndt-dev] Investigate the possible use of TCP_INFO instead of web100/web10g

Subject: NDT-DEV email list created

Re: [ndt-dev] Investigate the possible use of TCP_INFO instead of web100/web10g

  • From: Aaron Brown <>
  • To: Sebastian Malecki <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [ndt-dev] Investigate the possible use of TCP_INFO instead of web100/web10g
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 18:33:20 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Hey Sebastian,

CurRTO isn’t listed. Is that the same value as “tcpi_rto”?

The MinRTT/MaxRTT/AvgRTT could be recreated by taking snapshots regularly
(which gets done when the snaplog is enabled), and then iterating over it,
and calculating the stats from the tcpi_rtt variable. You could do something
to get the MaxRTO used in the middlebox test.

My understanding is that ‘tcpi_rcv_space’ the advertised receive window which
would mean that ‘MaxRwinRcvd’ and ‘CurRwinRcvd’ could be calculated similar
to the RTT/RTO stats above.

You list a bunch of variables in “UI”. What does that mean? e.g. is
CurRwinRcvd just listed somewhere in the UI as ‘CurRwinRcvd’?

Also, do any of the values calculated get used in other values that get
calculated? e.g. if ‘cwndtime’ got used as part of another heuristic, we need
to know that since the lack of SndLimTime values will affect those
calculations, and anything that’s calculated from those. What would be good
would be to build some dependency graph of all the variables that NDT
computes back to the web100 variables so that we can see what all would be
affected.

Cheers,
Aaron

On Jul 2, 2014, at 7:10 AM, Sebastian Malecki