ndt-dev - Re: [ndt-dev] Flash client improvement

Subject: NDT-DEV email list created

Re: [ndt-dev] Flash client improvement

  • From: Sebastian Kostuch <>
  • To: Tiziana Refice <>
  • Cc: Jakub Sławiński <>, Meredith Whittaker <>, "<>" <>
  • Subject: Re: [ndt-dev] Flash client improvement
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 14:55:12 +0100

Hi Tiziana,
Thank you so much for all your reviews.
I have fixed almost all of them. The only one left is with copy function.
This is however related to some another question about current state of UI in flash client (see below).

While working on Issue 115 I have encountered some difficulties with dynamically adding
mx or spark controls (to use ProgressBar during tests and Tooltip in mentioned copy function).
It seems like now it is possible to only add basic flash components from flash.display package
due to lack of mxml file which is responsible for containing info about mx and/or spark
components and creating proper container for such objects (which is rather hard to achieve
in pure AS. Also, such an approach is recommended while making little more advanced GUI).

So my question is if we would need such an approach with moving our GUI information to such mxml file?
It would probably be good when thinking about making some major improvements to UI but if we think
about flash client as background for UI created in HTML and JS then it doesn't seem to be key feature.
If the answer is positive then it would probably be good to create separated issue related to it and
as a temporary solution what do you think about:
1. Simplifying progress bar to only show percentage of completion as plain text without ProgressBar control
2. Moving copy button at the bottom of text console (which will be shorten a little in height). Would
it be more intuitive?

I hope my thoughts are clear. If not, feel free to ask any questions :)

Kind regards,
Sebastian Kostuch