ndt-dev - Re: [ndt-dev] questions about ndt flash

Subject: NDT-DEV email list created

Re: [ndt-dev] questions about ndt flash

  • From: Nathan Stehr <>
  • To: Joseph Bernard <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [ndt-dev] questions about ndt flash
  • Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 14:59:40 -0500

Hi Joseph

We are currently using the flash client to test with perfSONAR-PS
v.3.3.1, and it is working fine for us. We have embedded the flash
client on our own page, so I don't know what you would have to modify
on the perfSONAR-PS server to get it show up on the test page it
serves. There are a couple of gotchas we found when trying to get up
and running I can point you to:

1) The flash client is getting the NDT server host name from
SERVER_HOSTNAME in the NDTConstants, and I also believe there is a way
to pass this is at runtime. So keep this in mind that you will have to
get the flash client the address of your perfsonar box.

2) In order to use flash sockets (which the NDT flash test client
does) the client needs to be served a flash policy file, essentially
telling flash that it is ok to make a socket connection to the server.
You will need to serve this file from the persfsonar server you are
having the flash client connect to. What I have done is followed along
from the instructions here:
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/socket_policy_files.html
By default these policy files are served from port 843, so I've set up
our server to follow this behaviour as well.

Hope this helps!

-Nathan

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 1:49 PM, Joseph Bernard