Skip to Content.
Sympa Menu

ndt-dev - [ndt-dev] Issue 85 in ndt: Fix packet pair timing never returned

Subject: NDT-DEV email list created

List archive

[ndt-dev] Issue 85 in ndt: Fix packet pair timing never returned

Chronological Thread 
  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: [ndt-dev] Issue 85 in ndt: Fix packet pair timing never returned
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 05:48:31 +0000
  • Authentication-results:; dkim=neutral (message not signed) header.i=none

Status: New
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Review Severity-Medium

New issue 85 by
Fix packet pair timing never returned

Packet pair time was broken with the cleanup of web100_pcap.c.

The problem was caused by making the globals int mon_pipe1[2] & int mon_pipe2[2] static. These were actually external and also used by s2c_srv.c and c2s_srv.c. The pipe was created in s2c_srv.c and it wasn't the same mon_pipe1 as web100_pcap.c was seeing. (Removing static would be enough to fix this)

Purpose of code changes on this branch:
This fixes packet pair timing and removes the confusing globals mon_pipe1/2 completely along with sig1 and sig2. web100_pcap is running as a fork()'d process there shouldn't be any overlap.

Moved closing of pipes out of web_100pcap to s2c_srv.c and c2s_srv.c - seems cleaner to close them in the function where the are created.

I've merged duplicate code into one it seemed to be doing the same thing for both mon_pipe1 and mon_pipe2.

Fixed an issue with loopback address.

I have tested looks like it's working well.

After the review, I'll merge this branch into:

ndt-web100FixPacketPair.diff 15.8 KB

You received this message because this project is configured to send all issue notifications to this address.
You may adjust your notification preferences at:

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.

Top of Page