ndt-dev - [ndt-dev] Re: Issue 82 in ndt: use apache instead of fakewww

Subject: NDT-DEV email list created

[ndt-dev] Re: Issue 82 in ndt: use apache instead of fakewww

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: [ndt-dev] Re: Issue 82 in ndt: use apache instead of fakewww
  • Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 16:55:01 +0000

Comment #1 on issue 82 by
:
use apache instead of fakewww
http://code.google.com/p/ndt/issues/detail?id=82

+1 on serving via Apache vs. fakewww - that's the mode in which I've run it for a while w/o issue. In the config, I think your <Directory> stanza needs to be:

<Directory /usr/ndt/>
DirectoryIndex tcpbw100.html
AllowOverride None
</Directory>

You may also wish to send the logs to /var/log/httpd, vs. /var/log/ndt

As far as making this the default, as long as you continue to run on :7123, you should be fine. If you want to serve it on 80/443 (to make the site easier to discover, simplify firewall configuration, etc.), you'll need to work out the interaction with the other content served via Apache, using vhosts or rewrites.