ndt-dev - [ndt-dev] Issue 80 in ndt: Code Review - Fix for OpenSocket() causing a double free() of previously free()'d memory

Subject: NDT-DEV email list created

[ndt-dev] Issue 80 in ndt: Code Review - Fix for OpenSocket() causing a double free() of previously free()'d memory

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: [ndt-dev] Issue 80 in ndt: Code Review - Fix for OpenSocket() causing a double free() of previously free()'d memory
  • Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 03:27:29 +0000

Owner: ----
CC:

Labels: Type-Review Severity-High

New issue 80 by : Code Review - Fix for OpenSocket() causing a double free() of previously free()'d memory
http://code.google.com/p/ndt/issues/detail?id=80

Purpose of code changes on this branch:

Dominic's update to OpenSocket(...) code was setting fai->ai_next = ai_ipv4;. This will sometimes create a loop within the addrinfo's. freeaddrinfo() will follow this loop and try to double free() data. OpenSocket() would also get stuck in this loop if it fails to open any sockets.

I've implemented lists of addresses now as per the TODO, so this will now check all address rather then just the first IPv4 and IPv6.

I've tested this with a mix of IPv4 and IPv6 settings on the client and server and it seems to work as expected.

After the review, I'll merge this branch into:
/trunk

I've already merged this into ndt-web10g.

Attachments:
OpenSocket-Fix.diff 3.9 KB