ndt-dev - [ndt-dev] Replacing sprintf with snprintf

Subject: NDT-DEV email list created

[ndt-dev] Replacing sprintf with snprintf

  • From: Dominic Hamon <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [ndt-dev] Replacing sprintf with snprintf
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 14:30:19 -0700

Hi

I noticed that there were a few instances of sprintf in the codebase that weren't taking into account the destination buffer's size. This seemed a little dangerous to me as buffer runs can lead to invalid data as well as buffer overflow attacks.

Attached is a patch that replaces every sprintf instance with a call to sprintf.

Dominic Hamon | Measurement Lab