ndt-dev - Re: [ndt-dev] Submitting a patch

Subject: NDT-DEV email list created

Re: [ndt-dev] Submitting a patch

  • From: Thomas Gideon <>
  • To: Dominic Hamon <>
  • Cc: Kavitha Kumar <>,
  • Subject: Re: [ndt-dev] Submitting a patch
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 10:26:51 -0400

On 10/15/2012 04:30 PM, Dominic Hamon wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 1:25 PM, Kavitha Kumar
> <
>
> <mailto:>>
> wrote:
>
> Hi Dominic,
>
> Sorry about the delayed reply. My comments inline!
>
> Thanks, Kavitha

To help with that end: Dominic, the revisions of interest for M-Lab,
related to the addition of a client identifier field to the meta
phase/file are 467:644.

If synchronizing the client identifier branch is too problematic, it
may be simpler to re-cut the branch from an up to date trunk and
derive a fresh, good patch from that revision set.

> Also, release 3.6.5.2-rc2 is the "latest" of the trunk, and you
> can get the RPMs(source/otherwise) from
> http://software.internet2.edu to install on your MLab server.
>

> Thanks
>

>> Thanks, Kavitha

>> On Oct 9, 2012, at 5:44 PM, Dominic Hamon wrote:
>>

>> Hi Kavitha
>>
>> As requested, I have attached the patch. This fixes a few subtle
>> issues including out-of-bounds array accesses and invalid
>> pointer/int conversion and occasions where the wrong type was
>> being passed
>>

>> methods.
>>
>> I've tested it by pointing the client at a running known-good
>> server.
>>
>> Thanks - dominic
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 08, 2012 at 04:46:10PM -0400, Kavitha Kumar wrote:
>>

>> Hi Dominic,
>>

>> Pls send the patches to this list for review. Folks here on
>> ndt-dev can review and/or apply them. We can then decide further
>> steps to committing the changes.
>>

>> Do you foresee contributing to NDT in a bigger fashion soon/in
>> future and thus like commit access?
>>

>> thanks,
>>

>> Kavitha

- --
Thomas Gideon
Technical Director, Open Technology Institute
New American Foundation