ndt-dev - [ndt-dev] Re: [M-lab-ops] Deploy new NDT client that logs client application.

Subject: NDT-DEV email list created

[ndt-dev] Re: [M-lab-ops] Deploy new NDT client that logs client application.

  • From: "Jeff W. Boote" <>
  • To:
  • Cc: Thomas Gideon <>, M-Lab Operations <>,
  • Subject: [ndt-dev] Re: [M-lab-ops] Deploy new NDT client that logs client application.
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 10:00:39 -0600

This strategy is somewhat messy because I don't believe the version of the
protocol is differentiated very well from the version of the software. We
just completed a protocol document and I would assume that you would want to
tie this new version of the software to the same version of the protocol.

If we come up with a reasonable way to address that issue (I don't know,
perhaps hyphenate the version so the protocol version is first and then there
is a software version appended) then this works for releasing.

This does not address the eventual merging of this functionality back into
the trunk and future releases. For that, I believe we discussed waiting until
the current code restructuring was complete. (Nov 1 is current scheduled
timeframe.) Thomas, didn't you say you could merge these changes in at that
point?

thanks,
jeff