ndt-dev - [ndt-dev] Re: [M-lab-ops] Deploy new NDT client that logs client application.

Subject: NDT-DEV email list created

[ndt-dev] Re: [M-lab-ops] Deploy new NDT client that logs client application.

  • From: Jason Zurawski <>
  • To: Thomas Gideon <>
  • Cc: M-Lab Operations <>, , "Jeff W. Boote" <>
  • Subject: [ndt-dev] Re: [M-lab-ops] Deploy new NDT client that logs client application.
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 08:10:27 -0400

All;

On 8/19/11 4:47 PM, thus spake Thomas Gideon:
On 08/19/2011 04:39 PM, Tiziana Refice wrote:

To deploy the new client, do we need to contact all the partners
that are currently embedding the NDT client in their own tools
(BitTorrent, EETT, FCC, possible others)?

To deploy a new client, we need to coordinate with I2 first to make sure
we don't step on any toes in their release process and so my changes get
incorporated into subsequent releases. Once we do, we can roll out to
our servers which will update the web client on the M-Lab site, too.

CCing NDT-dev so they are aware. I believe as long as you choose a version number that reflects this is not the mainline (e.g. something that notes its from an mlab specific branch) you can release the server/applet on your own time. Jeff can comment if he would prefer to see this done in another way.

Thanks;

-jason

Deploying on our systems first should not cause any breakages with other
existing clients but, yes, we should advise others to make the client
changes as soon as possible. The change is pretty trivial, just one
extra message during the meta portion of the test.

- --
Thomas Gideon
Sr. Staff Technologist, Open Technology Initiative
New American Foundation