ndt-dev - [ndt-dev] Re: [M-lab-ops] Modify the NDT client to log the application that runs a test

Subject: NDT-DEV email list created

[ndt-dev] Re: [M-lab-ops] Modify the NDT client to log the application that runs a test

  • From: Jason Zurawski <>
  • To: Tiziana Refice <>
  • Cc: Josh King <>, Josh Bailey <>, M-Lab Operations <>,
  • Subject: [ndt-dev] Re: [M-lab-ops] Modify the NDT client to log the application that runs a test
  • Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2011 13:48:32 -0400

On 8/5/11 1:45 PM, thus spake Tiziana Refice:
Jason,

Good point.
I was not aware of the ndt-dev ml.

Is there anybody in particular we should contact, to make sure the
proposed change does not conflict with anybody else's work?

I would suggest using the mailing list:

https://lists.internet2.edu/sympa/subscribe/ndt-dev

Thanks;

-jason

--Tiziana

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 10:43, Jason Zurawski
<
<mailto:>>
wrote:

Colliding two worlds.

In the future mlab-ops should be sure to let ndt-dev know of changes
like this since there are a lot more hands in the ndt code these days.

-jason

On 8/2/11 3:41 PM, thus spake Tiziana Refice:

I briefly chatted with Thomas a few days ago and he said he
could do it
(with some help from you) by the end of this week.

@Thomas,
Is it still the case?

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 11:44, Josh King
<

<mailto:>

<mailto:

<mailto:>>>
wrote:

Hi Tiziana,

I think this sounds like a great idea. These are pretty
simple changes
that I could probably make pretty easily, but as I'll be out
of town for
the first half of next week I'm not sure if I'll have time
to do it on
that timeframe, so if someone else is able to to they should
feel free
to take pass at it.

On 08/01/2011 01:43 PM, Tiziana Refice wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> To make it easier to analyze the data collected by NDT, I suggest
to modify
> the NDT client to log the application that runs a test.
> This way it will be possible to tell from the logs that a
specific test
> result was collected by a specific application (e.g., uTorrent,
M-Lab web

http://www.google.com/__codesearch#3CG7BnVocJs/trunk/__src/logging.c&q=log%20package:__http://ndt%5C.googlecode%5C.__com

<http://www.google.com/codesearch#3CG7BnVocJs/trunk/src/logging.c&q=log%20package:http://ndt%5C.googlecode%5C.com>

<http://www.google.com/__codesearch#3CG7BnVocJs/trunk/__src/logging.c&q=log%20package:__http://ndt%5C.googlecode%5C.__com

<http://www.google.com/codesearch#3CG7BnVocJs/trunk/src/logging.c&q=log%20package:http://ndt%5C.googlecode%5C.com>>),
> function writeMeta().
> For example, we could add an extra line after line 553, something
like
> fprintf(fp, "client application: %s\n", meta.application);
> where meta.application could be initialized from some
property file.

--
Josh King
Technologist